how to interface lcd with arduino leonardo?i follow the data and program given in the arduino software many times but no output come..please help anyone to me...

Views: 209

Replies to This Discussion

First the basics, check what kind of LCD display they expect in the SW and make sure yours is compatible.  If it is compatible, then verify it has power.

Does your screen do anything at all?  Flash?  Light up?  Lines?  Blocks?  The Arduino LiquidCrystal library is for LCDs based on the Hitachi HD44780 chipset, but they have libraries for many other common chipsets on the LCD Playground page.  If your LCD lights up or displays garbage you probably have a different chipset.  More information about your device and what it's doing would be helpful to get more help!

ya in my LCD BACKGROUND LIGHTS ON  and simply black colour blocks come.i use 16*2 JHD 162A  .this LCD is compatible with HD44780 ? 

Hi, I think this thread might help you.  I didn't read it, but it sounds like a similar problem.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,26527.0.html

If you get lights and blocks then the LCD is working and not getting any data.  It looks like the JHD uses the HD44780 chipset, so it should work with the LiquidCrystal library.  I'd check your wiring, or redo it from scratch.  Make sure all of your grounds are grounded, and make sure your contrast pot is hooked up correctly (5V on one pin, ground on the other, and the middle pin goes to the LCD).  Make sure that the R/W pin is grounded.  Make sure that in your code you initialize the LiquidCrystal library with the correct pins (if you look at the LiquidCrystal constructor, you'll use the first option with rs, enable, and d4, d5, d6, and d7); tell the library which pin on the Arduino is connected to each of the LCD pins.  After that, be sure you call LCD.begin(16, 2).  Also, for my LCD sometimes I have to reset the Arduino once or twice to get it to work.

RSS

Latest Activity

GarageLab posted blog posts
2 hours ago
Profile IconSANYAM JAIN, KIRAN, ron wright and 1 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
18 hours ago
james gage replied to Devin Moss's discussion Free-spinning high torque DC motor
"My suggestion is to investigate electromagnetic clutches. You can engage any motor with a logic…"
yesterday
Tuesday
Rey Canedo is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Monday
Devin Moss posted a discussion

Free-spinning high torque DC motor

I'm looking for a high-torque DC motor (able to lift 20 pounds) which, when turned off, will spin…See More
Saturday
Marcelo Rodrigues posted a blog post
Feb 28
Profile IconJack Gromek, pratik and KEKELI LOGAH joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Feb 27
GarageLab posted a blog post

Stanford’s cheap nanomaterial filter could solve the air pollution problem

The rapidly increasing industrialization in many parts of the world comes with economic benefits,…See More
Feb 27

Blub Uno Clock Displays Time with One Nixie Tube

We’ve seen our share of Nixie tube clocks, but the Blub Uno is different. This is a clock that…See More
Feb 26
GarageLab's blog post was featured

LEGO X Converts Creations into 3D Models in Real Time: Body and Soul

Created by Gravity Research Club, LEGO X creates a 3D model of whatever you’re building while…See More
Feb 25
sathiyakumar is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Feb 24
Feb 24
Profile Iconaymen hleli, gunawan eko, Dean Sanders and 1 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Feb 23

Street Fighter Played with Pianos: Sound Fighter

Back in 2014 we saw an piano that was turned into…See More
Feb 23
Feb 20
Profile IconRobert Choi and Pierre Gelinas joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Feb 20
David Wachter commented on GarageLab's blog post DARPA is developing a sensing bionic hand
"This would be nice for all of the military amputees that have been 'produced' since the…"
Feb 18
GarageLab's blog post was featured

AirBoard: The Flying Segway

Currently up for funding on…See More
Feb 18

DARPA is developing a sensing bionic hand

Not content just to chip in creating better mind-controlled bionic limbs, DARPA is focusing on…See More
Feb 18

© 2015   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service