how to interface lcd with arduino leonardo?i follow the data and program given in the arduino software many times but no output come..please help anyone to me...

Views: 188

Replies to This Discussion

First the basics, check what kind of LCD display they expect in the SW and make sure yours is compatible.  If it is compatible, then verify it has power.

Does your screen do anything at all?  Flash?  Light up?  Lines?  Blocks?  The Arduino LiquidCrystal library is for LCDs based on the Hitachi HD44780 chipset, but they have libraries for many other common chipsets on the LCD Playground page.  If your LCD lights up or displays garbage you probably have a different chipset.  More information about your device and what it's doing would be helpful to get more help!

ya in my LCD BACKGROUND LIGHTS ON  and simply black colour blocks come.i use 16*2 JHD 162A  .this LCD is compatible with HD44780 ? 

Hi, I think this thread might help you.  I didn't read it, but it sounds like a similar problem.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,26527.0.html

If you get lights and blocks then the LCD is working and not getting any data.  It looks like the JHD uses the HD44780 chipset, so it should work with the LiquidCrystal library.  I'd check your wiring, or redo it from scratch.  Make sure all of your grounds are grounded, and make sure your contrast pot is hooked up correctly (5V on one pin, ground on the other, and the middle pin goes to the LCD).  Make sure that the R/W pin is grounded.  Make sure that in your code you initialize the LiquidCrystal library with the correct pins (if you look at the LiquidCrystal constructor, you'll use the first option with rs, enable, and d4, d5, d6, and d7); tell the library which pin on the Arduino is connected to each of the LCD pins.  After that, be sure you call LCD.begin(16, 2).  Also, for my LCD sometimes I have to reset the Arduino once or twice to get it to work.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile Iconvenkat satish and jerseys joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
15 hours ago
GarageLab posted a blog post
15 hours ago
GarageLab posted blog posts
Friday
Profile IconSheila Garland and petran747 . joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Thursday
Wednesday
Profile Iconleon crist, Tim Owen and Mishca de Costa joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 15

Arduino-Powered Turntables That Turn DJing Into Child’s Play

Per Holmquist has always had a finely tuned ear for music. “When I hear a song for the first time I…See More
Sep 15
Sep 12
Jean-Guillaume LALANNE posted a discussion

Smallest Arduino with BLE stack and push button integrated

Hi,I am a newbie in the maker world. I have bought a RFDUINO some month ago to play with.I did find…See More
Sep 12
Profile IconDavid bolles and Abhisht Yadav joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 11
Sep 11
chuby okafor updated their profile
Sep 10
maurice patrick commented on GarageLab's blog post 3D printer uses Arduino controller and makes food in unusual ways
"Sweet!!!!"
Sep 10
Stephen Wizowski left a comment for Stephen Wizowski
"NO... do not like this approach... AT ALL!"
Sep 10
Profile IconBernie Whalen, FRANK KWABENA, mikedaniels and 11 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 10

This Robot Crawls Through Acid, Ice and Fire

This robot, developed at Professor George M. Whitesides’ lab at Harvard University has recently…See More
Sep 10
Sep 8
Antonio Turner posted a status
Sep 8
Sep 5
Profile IconWilliam Ritchie, Chuck Untulis, David Perez and 3 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 5

© 2014   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service