how to interface lcd with arduino leonardo?i follow the data and program given in the arduino software many times but no output come..please help anyone to me...

Views: 282

Replies to This Discussion

First the basics, check what kind of LCD display they expect in the SW and make sure yours is compatible.  If it is compatible, then verify it has power.

Does your screen do anything at all?  Flash?  Light up?  Lines?  Blocks?  The Arduino LiquidCrystal library is for LCDs based on the Hitachi HD44780 chipset, but they have libraries for many other common chipsets on the LCD Playground page.  If your LCD lights up or displays garbage you probably have a different chipset.  More information about your device and what it's doing would be helpful to get more help!

ya in my LCD BACKGROUND LIGHTS ON  and simply black colour blocks come.i use 16*2 JHD 162A  .this LCD is compatible with HD44780 ? 

Hi, I think this thread might help you.  I didn't read it, but it sounds like a similar problem.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,26527.0.html

If you get lights and blocks then the LCD is working and not getting any data.  It looks like the JHD uses the HD44780 chipset, so it should work with the LiquidCrystal library.  I'd check your wiring, or redo it from scratch.  Make sure all of your grounds are grounded, and make sure your contrast pot is hooked up correctly (5V on one pin, ground on the other, and the middle pin goes to the LCD).  Make sure that the R/W pin is grounded.  Make sure that in your code you initialize the LiquidCrystal library with the correct pins (if you look at the LiquidCrystal constructor, you'll use the first option with rs, enable, and d4, d5, d6, and d7); tell the library which pin on the Arduino is connected to each of the LCD pins.  After that, be sure you call LCD.begin(16, 2).  Also, for my LCD sometimes I have to reset the Arduino once or twice to get it to work.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dave Lewing is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
10 hours ago
Alan Powell is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Feb 9
iftekhar Mobin is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Jan 16
Profile IconLeicester Hibbert and Michael Young joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Jan 9
Profile IconThorsten Schwarz and Dana Custer joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Jan 2
Aqeel munir updated their profile
Dec 31, 2016
Todd Enger updated their profile
Dec 29, 2016
FRANK KWABENA is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Dec 28, 2016
Ayhan Chaplan commented on GarageLab's blog post How to use a Peltier with Arduino
"Hi! Will this setup work with a 3,8V / 2,5A Peltier element? Or do I have to reduce the resistance…"
Dec 26, 2016
Profile IconAyhan Chaplan, Erva and Donna Carter joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Dec 26, 2016
Galy Huang posted a discussion

Ubuntu on Firefly-RK3399

Firefly-RK3399 with dual-core Cortex-A72 and quad-core Cortex-A53, ARM® Mali-T860 MP4 quad-core…See More
Dec 20, 2016
Chase Rangel posted a discussion

What is the simplest way to control one brushless motor forward/reverse?

Hello everyone I don't know much about this type of stuff had only a handful of RC cars.I've been…See More
Dec 12, 2016
Profile IconErving Howe, Chase Rangel, Werner Pretorius and 1 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Dec 12, 2016
Frank Turner is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Dec 9, 2016
Marcelo Rodrigues and swapnil are now friends
Dec 6, 2016
Marcelo Rodrigues replied to swapnil's discussion Tiny 85 based Thermometer
"Dear Swapnil, Since you don't have any experience with programming you should consider start…"
Dec 5, 2016
swapnil posted a discussion

Tiny 85 based Thermometer

Hi, can any one guide me how to make the tiny 85 based Thermometer which will glow the LED…See More
Dec 4, 2016
Spyros Svoronos is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Dec 4, 2016
K Biju is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Nov 29, 2016
Profile Iconswapnil and Yasser joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Nov 28, 2016

© 2017   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service