Hey guys,

It doen't matter if you make in your garage, apartment, office or even in the laundry. We are sure that cool stuff is coming from there.

So, SHARE them! We really want know about the robot, software, device, or the new tests you are doing. Maybe other members can help you.

This post is to share what we are making in our garages (or elsewhere).

Oh! Pictures are more than welcome.

Keep believing!!!

Views: 4227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats Cool

Would love to see it in action!

I'm working on several projects or ideas.

Most of them are automotive related.

The biggest priority projects are:

ALDL (Assembly Line Diagnostic Link) display device. I have one of these currently, but unfortunately the guy/company that developed it is mostly interested in working with Hondas, and since I run a GM computer, only built in the basic functions that he felt he was "forced to to do" and received a polite "go eff yourself" when I asked for additional parameters to be added, keep in mind I was a beta tester for the GM interface of the device... So I want to develop my own and be able to add or change features at my discretion. I plan to release working code once I get it to work.

Another one is a simple LCD device that replaces or adds indicators to a vehicle. I.E. left and right turn signals get displayed on a LCD screen, along with any other indicators I decide to add. I also have many other functions that I could integrate with this, such as the ALDL display, sending certain information to this display.

Third is making some LCD or hopefully full colour LCD display (such as the Nokia LCD display) device that will act like gauges, taking input from sensors, both existing and new and display the temp and/or pressures (or other reading) on a small screen or typical gauge display size.

f course I could combine the above projects into one project, but would like it to all be modular, or work through one of the bus options (such as I2C) if I wanted to have them communicate with each other, which is a very real possibility.

I've had mixed success in my first attempts at some of the above projects. I'm currently in school for Electronics Engineering Technology, which is helping me understand what I need to do to get my projects from just being ideas to reality.

I keep getting more ideas the more I look around the internet though, not sure if that's a good thing or not... LOL

One of the first projects I need to work on though, is re-organizing my work bench, it's always cluttered, and that means I don't usually get much done. :/

ALDL?

Cool!

160 baud or 8192?

the computer on the '29 is ODB1.5 so y need to talk to it at 8192baud. I used tunerpro to verify the sensors were all working, but it would be nice to have an interface like yours.

The ECM and code I'm using is 8192 baud. 

I'm hoping that once I get the basics worked out, that it will be a simple matter of referencing the .ds files to change for each OBD1 ECM and code.

I'm still learning programming, but hope it won't be too far off to getting a simple verson working, at which point, adding more features won't be much of a problem.

I use Tuner Pro RT for tuning.

I'd highy recommend you use the tunerpro .adx file format.

That file contains everything you need to know to talk to the ECU.

If you start with a .ds file theres a LOT of NIH wheel inventing going on.

What language are you using?

Hi, Ya-it all sounds good. and if it can lower peoples car insurance throw that in for me. Acutely mine is fine. What I really think is may-be your local state small business administration can link you up to intellectual rights. If you do hit on a big one you want all the rights to your self and not your employer or any-one eles. I know, I'm not business minded but I do my best. You ever get a big chunk of gold. You hide it baby and get the jump on them. Ah- I think ...

Hello! 

I'm currently finished building a Arduino based oscilloscope. (Fits almost in an altoid tin) The hardware is all sorted out I'm just spending some time fixing up the coding because well it's messy. 

If your bored you can read / watch my video about it here http://prototalk.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/prototalk-the-alto-scope/

Otherwise photos are below. 

Whoa!

And I thought making a logic probe was advanced. lol

Nice work!!

Thanks! 

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconJiangbin ZHENG and Riszter István joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
yesterday
Profile Iconkaan and guner guvenc joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Monday
Devang Rameshbhai Zalavadiya is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 18
Profile Iconraj kumar, Raffaello Palandri and Jigga Boo joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 7
Profile IconGabriele D'Angelo, dale wolver, Ibrahim Aykut and 2 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 5
Profile IconJaschaSaurus Rex and Christian Mock joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 1
Igor Golov is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 27
Marco is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 24
Muhammad Ali commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
"Thanks for the advice. I will persist with the code till I get it done. thanks once again."
Apr 18
Marcelo Rodrigues commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
""The output waveforms on oscilloscope for Hsync and Vsync and for that matter RGB pins are not…"
Apr 17
Muhammad Ali commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
"Hi  Marcelo I am trying to make this code work with Attiny 44a operating @ 20 MHz. I have…"
Apr 17
Profile IconReal NOiseux, Muhammad Ali, bob v and 1 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 17
baiqian is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 10
Profile IconDavide and Almas Amandossov joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 6
Profile Iconvamoalrenga and John Ferrell joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 3
Marcelo Rodrigues replied to FiniousFingers's discussion New to group
"Yes, please share your progress here. Thanks and good"
Mar 27
FiniousFingers replied to FiniousFingers's discussion New to group
"Thanks, good to know someone is out there. I will be…"
Mar 27
Edward Evans replied to GarageLab's discussion Serious claims against BeagleBone's manufacturer CircuitCo
"Have you moved forward with any action?  I would be interested in discussing your…"
Mar 27
Marcelo Rodrigues replied to GarageLab's discussion Serious claims against BeagleBone's manufacturer CircuitCo
"Ed, No, they didn't deliver yet.  :( Good luck for us all."
Mar 23
Profile IconWesenachin Asfaw and Muhammad Basil joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Mar 23

© 2017   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service