Hi guys,

It doesn't matter if your lab is in a garage, in an office, in your room or behind the washing machine.

It doesn't matter if it is a mess or organized. This topic is to show where you develop your ideas, projects, prototypes and stuff...

So, let's publish your pictures here and show everyone your lab!

GarageLab Team

Views: 2187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lost most my mail to you. It is hard to vent well. I close the room off. Use a small DC fan to blow the fumes away. Do a some work then stop, open a window. I dont use a vent yet ether. I just got two 2X4 Knoty pine tables from Home Depo, glued 2X3 and straping to the under-side. I will use small kitchen table legs /stain?/polly for them. I'm just getting back to work due to bills and I have two projects for them. Well we know how (MS) started. You have to put up with a little growth I guess. I hope to do as well as H. Ford on one of mine. The other is just to prove a point but who knows. If you think you can make a bunch $, Its hard to let it go. Ya, I think I'm lead-out from the early years. Better to be safe.

Sorry, I lost most my reply some how. Very sweet Dave. Your tables are very strong. You could build or repaired most any-thing on them. I'm going for a lighter look and use. Solid laminated pine 3X4 (hope it doesn't split) There wasn't many good pices from the Home Depo pile to pick from so I added straping. I'm going for the kitchen table look. Should have just bought kitchen tables. I do know I don't want fiber board. This is is office / engering room. Did you know-Cable Tron started with a three leg table ? Any-ways here's the rest on here.

Lost most my mail to you. It is hard to vent well. I close the room off. Use a small DC fan to blow the fumes away. Do a some work then stop, open a window. I dont use a vent yet ether. I just got two 2X4 Knoty pine tables from Home Depo, glued 2X3 and straping to the under-side. I will use small kitchen table legs /stain?/polly for them. I'm just getting back to work due to bills and I have two projects for them. Well we know how (MS) started. You have to put up with a little growth I guess. I hope to do as well as H. Ford on one of mine. The other is just to prove a point but who knows. If you think you can make a bunch $, Its hard to let it go. Ya, I think I'm lead-out from the early years. Better to be safe.

Thanks Sharon!  I do like my two spaces even though they are separated by a few doors.  The main drawback to the workshop area is the triple digit heat in the summer and no AC yet.  Might invest in a small portable AC unit for the summer months.  Cheers!  D.

You have a nice desk David. I was looking in the catalogs at tables but all I saw was the industry type and I'm trying to stay away from that look. I used solid pine that was laminated to be a table top and then made it like a kitchen table where the legs bolt on that way. I have problems with the screw in legs. I was looking for light weight all-so. But because they are just work tables I'm going to use a cheap water-base, low odor stain and polycrylic and not worry about how they turn out. Maybe some day we will have our own factorys. They do start this way. Shannon.

Basement Lab

Wow ! Is this my future ? I just made two new desks, maybe I should have made three. I'm going to try to stick with a paper desk, two project desks and short work. What is that white thing in the far back-grown ?

Hi, find attached the new shelf and work area I built over Christmas break on my Christmas bonus.

It was built entirely out of 1.2m length material, the only cutting was for the three shelves that sit inside the frame.

The work area in front is a melamine laminated sheet, the bottom area is painted white with LED strip lightnng under the shelf, 

Tom..

PS, not all timber is 1.2m long, had to spend a bit of time matching 1.2m ?? lengths to minimise cutting.

Awesome! I liked the LED lights. Congrats!

I did about the same. The table top came as is from Home Depo - pine and the legs were red oak. That's just  cheap strapping you see. It was all cut and just glued. Sort of cut and paste if you will.

Attachments:

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconJiangbin ZHENG and Riszter István joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
yesterday
Profile Iconkaan and guner guvenc joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Monday
Devang Rameshbhai Zalavadiya is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 18
Profile Iconraj kumar, Raffaello Palandri and Jigga Boo joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 7
Profile IconGabriele D'Angelo, dale wolver, Ibrahim Aykut and 2 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 5
Profile IconJaschaSaurus Rex and Christian Mock joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
May 1
Igor Golov is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 27
Marco is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 24
Muhammad Ali commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
"Thanks for the advice. I will persist with the code till I get it done. thanks once again."
Apr 18
Marcelo Rodrigues commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
""The output waveforms on oscilloscope for Hsync and Vsync and for that matter RGB pins are not…"
Apr 17
Muhammad Ali commented on Marcelo Rodrigues's blog post Arduino generated VGA (color) signal - Complete!
"Hi  Marcelo I am trying to make this code work with Attiny 44a operating @ 20 MHz. I have…"
Apr 17
Profile IconReal NOiseux, Muhammad Ali, bob v and 1 more joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 17
baiqian is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 10
Profile IconDavide and Almas Amandossov joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 6
Profile Iconvamoalrenga and John Ferrell joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Apr 3
Marcelo Rodrigues replied to FiniousFingers's discussion New to group
"Yes, please share your progress here. Thanks and good"
Mar 27
FiniousFingers replied to FiniousFingers's discussion New to group
"Thanks, good to know someone is out there. I will be…"
Mar 27
Edward Evans replied to GarageLab's discussion Serious claims against BeagleBone's manufacturer CircuitCo
"Have you moved forward with any action?  I would be interested in discussing your…"
Mar 27
Marcelo Rodrigues replied to GarageLab's discussion Serious claims against BeagleBone's manufacturer CircuitCo
"Ed, No, they didn't deliver yet.  :( Good luck for us all."
Mar 23
Profile IconWesenachin Asfaw and Muhammad Basil joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Mar 23

© 2017   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service