I've got an LCD that is no longer in use and would like to put it to use in a project. I've got all the parts that came with it, but don't know where to begin. I've stripped it of it's plastics and have it down to the LCD and the controller board. I have the ribbon cable as well. How could I go about testing this LCD to find which pins do what? I know most of the obvious answers are going to be to look for the data sheet, but the LCD itself doesn't appear to have a brand of any sort. Any advice on how to begin testing this out to see if it works would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Tags: Arduino, LCD, Testing

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will definitely keep you posted!

Hi Adam,

I am in the same similar project. I have over the last year or so decided to salvage many LCD's some from an old laptop's, monitor screens, small movie players, etc. I figured I could some how use them in a creative interactive art installation if I could figure out the pins and tweak their versatility.

At any rate, I would be interesting to see what methods you are uncovering to get these LCDs to work. Likewise, I will certainly post any progress here as well.

Cheers!

RSS

Latest Activity

GarageLab posted a blog post

Nixie Wearable Drone Camera: Fashionable Photographer

If Team Nixie has its way, drones might someday become the selfie addicts’ best friend. One of the…See More
17 hours ago
Profile IconErwin Liechti, agamdeep singh bhatia and kim seonmi joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
17 hours ago
Antonio Turner posted a status
Friday
Friday
Profile Iconkoenaryi and Don J Borchert joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Friday
Joseph L. Tolbert , Jr is now a member of GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Thursday
GarageLab posted blog posts
Thursday
Sep 23
Profile Iconvenkat satish and jerseys joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 22
Sep 22
Sep 19
Profile IconSheila Garland and petran747 . joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 18
Sep 17
Profile Iconleon crist, Tim Owen and Mishca de Costa joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 15

Arduino-Powered Turntables That Turn DJing Into Child’s Play

Per Holmquist has always had a finely tuned ear for music. “When I hear a song for the first time I…See More
Sep 15
Sep 12
Jean-Guillaume LALANNE posted a discussion

Smallest Arduino with BLE stack and push button integrated

Hi,I am a newbie in the maker world. I have bought a RFDUINO some month ago to play with.I did find…See More
Sep 12
Profile IconDavid bolles and Abhisht Yadav joined GarageLab (arduino, electronics, robotics, hacking)
Sep 11
Sep 11
chuby okafor updated their profile
Sep 10

© 2014   Created by Marcelo Rodrigues.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service